January 28, 2008

Better living through Yoga

If you think Yoga is still not popular, let me tell you something. Yoga is being practiced by 20 million Americans and number keeps growing every day. First of all let me introduce you all to the benefits of yoga

  • Brings down stress and enhances powers of relaxation
  • Boosts physical strength, stamina and flexibility
  • Bestows greater powers of concentration and self control
  • Helps in rehabilitation of old and new injuries
  • Intensifies tolerance to pain and enhancing mental clarity
  • Boosts functioning of the immune system
  • Improves blood circulation
  • Results in healthy, glowing skin
  • Cleanses and improves overall organ functioning
  • Bestows peace of mind and a more positive outlook to life
  • Infuses a sense of balance and internal harmony

There are a number of books on yoga. You can also search for yoga in the web to find more information on the benefits of yoga. I have provided a link below through which you can download a copy of a e-book on yoga. It has been of great use to me and I use it as my reference to know about different asanas in yoga. I am sure it will be useful to you.

http://www.esnips.com/web/raju232007-Yoga/

2 comments:

BoBax said...

I love yoga, I work in a hospital and it is a very stressful job. When I come home at night the best thing to do is relax with a little yoga. Nice blog start! I just started blogging too, about a week ago. justcoaxme.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Well guys and girls,it is a really sad fact to say that...modern life has given us gr8 confort...As the cofort level has increased diseases r also on d rise...In ancient time work load was more on people and their life style were good.so ppl were healthy and fit...Their day to day activities can be compared to different yogic asanas like sitting,bending,lying,streaching etc.....So,what i'm tryin to say is people shud see into the past and learn how our elders lived and learn from them...no matter what it is yoga or anything that is related to our indian way(hindu or vedic) of style...Well i hope it was helpful..sorry for any mistakes comitted..thanks..